With that said I know that many of you miss me, but remember that I miss you just as much or even more. So, friends, please don't yell at me about how much you miss me and want me to come home because you want to show that you miss me and care about me. I know that about you. What I need right now is your support, because otherwise it is just that much harder for me. Thank you so much to those of you who have already given me your support.
So. Summer. My program here in Valladolid ends on Friday the 20th. Friday night I am flying to Latvia to visit a friend who lived next door to me last year. Another friend of mine who is here in Valladolid with me has family in Latvia that we are going to visit with. We will stay there for about a week and then I will come back to Spain. See below.
An opportunity has presented itself for me to work at a camp all summer in Malaga, Spain called Manantiales de la Vida (Springs of Life Camp). It is a Christian camp near the southern coast of Spain run through Avant Ministries. This camp is a bit different than what you may be thinking, knowing the typical American summer camp. It's more of a conference center. The camp is run by Glenn and Sue Ashcraft, who have been missionaries in Spain for the last 25 years. It is open for most, if not all of the year. What happens is different organizations sign up for certain time slots and have their conference or "camp" at Manantiales de la Vida. They bring all of their people, teachings, equipment, etc. So, I am not going to be a camp counselor.I will be more of what we know as support staff, working in the kitchen from time to time, washing dishes, doing set up and tear down, cleaning bathrooms, fun things like that. It is a volunteer position, but they are able to cover my room and board, with it being a camp and everything. I will have internet access, so I will def still be able to keep in touch, and I'm pretty sure I am able to receive mail/packages. I think I have Saturdays off, so that might be the best day for me to do Skype dates and keep in touch. Let's see here... what else? There will be two other girls working there with the same position as me. They are both from Nebraska and I don't know their names or anything about them, but it will be fun. Otherwise, there is Glenn and Sue and I think two other Spanish families.
Right now I plan on coming home around the 20th of August, but that depends on a few things. I can let you know more once I book my flight.
If you want to look up the camp or Avant Ministries, here are the links:
Manantiales de la Vida / Springs of Life Camp
Avant Ministries
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me.
No comments:
Post a Comment